Friday, September 6, 2013

When Am I Going To Make A Living

this is one photo that sometimes annoy me
but oftentimes tears me up inside
One day during my introductory lecture to my nursing students, I posed the question, “Do you think the street people you see around have no purpose? Oh no, dear students. They have. It is for them to remind you NOT to be like them. They are warning you to go study hard and work well so you would not end up in their shoes.”

Actually I was just injecting the meaning of purpose into the class. We were discussing nursing care management 101. It is just customary for me to incorporate life values whenever I lecture. So it gave me a jolt when, after the class as I adjourned, block one applauded. I didn’t know if it was sarcasm or bravado for my sermon-like insertion of a Christian value. Unsatisfied, I discreetly asked my senior co-c.i.s what was all that clapping about…and they gave me a wise smile and thumbs-up sign: “You did well for today, child”. That was all I needed to go home with great joy into my heart. Another day to share a value.

I’m living out my purpose one day at a time.

Before going to my classes this Saturday morning, I made it a point to post currently relevant opinions about Pinas’ ongoing issues…the unbridled corruption and PDAF. I speak for my fellowmen. I say we have a large number of bums on the streets perhaps because it is a product of a misdeed. I like the message in Sade’s song, read on below:

When Am I Going To Make A Living Lyrics
- Sade
When am I gonna make a living?
It's gonna take a while before I give in
See the people fussing and thieving
While the sharks are wheeling and dealing
Gotta look up and tell yourself, there's no end to what you can do
They'll waste your body and soul if you allow them to
This is time to start believing in yourself
Put the blame on no-one else
*
Haven't I told you before
we’re hungry for a life we can't afford?
There's no end to what you can do
If you give yourself a chance to prove
We're hungry but we won't give in
Hungry but we won't give in
*repeated in multitude

I'm sick and tired of scratching a living
I am hungry but I'm not gonna give in, no

No comments:

Post a Comment