Friday, August 24, 2012

delica...wonderful encounter

delica suisen in tabaco, with clyde's back in view
tabaco branch's interior
Days ago I had a dining experience worth documenting for. Japanese food hit my palate once again and everytime it does, there’s only one place I go to: Delica in Albay. I was with Austin and Linde so I thought I might have my mainstay favorites to orient them with this cuisine. It’s always been Japanese steamed rice with ebi tempura, those plump prawns dipped in ginger soy sauce, miso soup then Royal as beverage for me. As I entered the resto, there was the permanent waitress who knew me too well because I frequent the place. Guess how she greeted me? It’s like this…. “Good afternoon po, mam Cope. What’s your order po, rice with ebi tempura, miso soup and Royal?” How she knows me well!!

The real story here is customer service par excellence. I said to myself that if I could replicate this lady many times, I’d do it with passion. The service industry is where I’m in: spa, pharmaceutical companies, and soon the resort and hotel and bed and breakfasts. As with all the people who are service-oriented, the top of mind question is always “how do I excel in this field I’m in?”

There are many answers. But this dining experience I had is topmost. To get to know your clients well, nitpick their minds, determine their needs and fill that need. Build rapport with them, “file” their info, and then use that info as your golden armament in turning them into loyal customers. These are precious pearls of wisdom. 

How do you turn them into real gems? Use that wisdom into real business applications. Don’t just make plans, carry these out. Don’t just dream, move! Don’t just think, ACT!

No comments:

Post a Comment